Democrats Get Slaughtered in Pennsylvania
The latest poll by PPP placed the major candidates for each party against each other. Of the 9 matchups, the Democrats only managed to win one, in which Hillary Clinton edged out Jeb Bush. In every other matchup, the Democrats lost.
- Hillary Clinton 43% – Donald Trump 45%
- Hillary Clinton 45% – Jeb Bush 40%
- Hillary Clinton 42% – Marco Rubio 45%
- Hillary Clinton 42% – Carly Fiorina 43%
- Hillary Clinton 43% – Ben Carson 47%
- Bernie Sanders 42% – Donald Trump 46%
- Bernie Sanders 40% – Marco Rubio 41%
- Bernie Sanders 38% – Carly Fiorina 40%
- Bernie Sanders 36% – Ben Carson 44%
The Democrats did not perform well in this poll. Clinton only beat Bush, who has struggled for months to maintain relevancy in the polls. While most of the matchups were close, Ben Carson managed to beat both Clinton and Bernie Sanders by a decent margin. Matchups that involved Marco Rubio and Carly Fiorina tended to be very close. Most voters are unsure of who to pick when both Fiorina and Clinton are paired up against each other. Donald Trump managed to beat Clinton and Sanders by a decent margin, but Carson outperformed him in this poll.
More data is required to make an assessment on the impact of the Democratic presidential debate, but as it stands, voters appear to be unimpressed, despite the fact that the debate contained a lot of useful talk about policy when compared to the sideshow act that was the previous Republican debate.
Photo credit: Affluent Investor.